The Lombardy

322 West 4th Street

Cincinnati, OH 45202

 
 

The Lombardy, Cincinnati’s oldest apartment building, was built in 1881.  This Italionette style building was one of the first deluxe apartments in the country.  It was designed by Samuel Hannaford, one of the most admired architects in the history of Cincinnati, and is considered one of the city’s many treasures.  It was once home to a young William Howard Taft.


Rehabbed in the early 1990‘s each unit has central air, gas heat, dishwasher, ceramic tile in the kitchen and bathrooms and access to a workout room.  The building has two interior courtyards which allow light and air to enter through the windows of the units that don’t face the street.  One of which is open to residences and features a fountain, deck and grill area.  In addition, there is a rooftop deck on the rear side of the building that overlooks the Convention Center, City Hall, and the Cincinnati Museum Center.